Monday, July 17, 2006

Words of the day

  • Tokenistic: This was used to suggest an image was merely symbolic or perhaps even better, token. 9/10 for creativity
  • Matrixes: Having been taught by very sad, picky and lonely mathematicians for 3 years, I can't help but cringe at this. I didn't have the heart to correct the offender who's ignorance spread around the meeting like wild fire as people took on the novel word. I just put this in MS Word, and it didn't highlight it as wrongly spelt. I hope this is not a legitimate American word...

Don't misconstrue these posts as being arrogant or snobby, but they bring a little entertainment to my day. It's reassuring to know that I'm not alone in my spelling, language, grammer mistakes.

A little harder to forgive was a reaction prompted by a request for a preamble to accompany a document I was adding to the intranet. I was cut short, being told to speak English, and to remember that I was no longer at University. Preamble? Really?

No comments: