Thursday, July 20, 2006

Embassy Visit

“Isn't it hot...?”

Yesterday I went to the American Embassy in London to interview for my visa. I got the 5:45am train from Liverpool Lime Street, which arrived promptly in Euston Station at 8:20am. I had Google maps print outs telling me exactly where I needed to go, yet I managed to head in completely the wrong directions, overestimating my natural ability to predict which way was north/south.

After a little de-tour to McDonalds and the BBC building, I eventually found the embassy where I was subjected to various security checks before I could even enter the building. The whole process was really efficient and well managed, which came as a bit of a surprise. I had every piece of documentation you could imagine which paid off as I sailed through both stages of the day before 11:30am.

With a few hours to kill, I strolled back to Euston via Regents Park, which was AMAZING! I'd visited Hyde Park with Madeline earlier in the year, but this was a different class. Photos on Flickr as usual

All in all, a successful day, and pretty soon I should have a visa, and the butterflies will begin to build. 2 WEEKS TODAY!

No comments: