Thursday, August 10, 2006

Mid week activity

Tuesday - Bowling
Game 1

  1. Madeline
  2. Greg
  3. Ben
  4. Kathleen
Game 2
  1. Ben (152)
  2. Madeline
  3. Kathleen
  4. Greg
Bowling was followed by a take away Mexican, I had a meat burrito.

Wednesday
Kathleen, Alex and I went to the gym AM. I then went in search of a toothbrush and flowers for Edith as an apology for stealing Madeline from her again, (the flowers, not the toothbrush). Post-shopping I attempted to find Don and Edith's house but failed miserably. It took so long that Greg called me to ask why I wasn't back to go surfing! Eventually I found my way home and we hit the surf near Carlsbad. We went at low tide in the hopes of getting good beginners waves, and our patience paid off. All was going well until Greg stood on a stingray and got stung.

He was bleeding quite a bit and the pain was mounting so we headed home. I drove the truck, and it was nice to have the control of a manual gearbox agian.

Back home the wound was soaked in hot water to break down the venom and we showered/changed ready for meatloaf night at Madeline's grandparents house.

Thursday
This morning Madeline was off work so we went shopping for Emilie's 27th birthday present. We've just had dinner after visiting Edith and DOn with cookies, and Alex and I are about to head to the beach to meet up with Russel et. al. for a little body boarding. More later...

No comments: