Thursday, September 06, 2007

Travel plans and middle age

Last night, Madeline and I went to the gym. She spent an hour doing weights and cardio. I spent an hour doing yoga, thinking about my breathing and getting frustrated how hard I find it to get my heels to the floor in "downward dog" - I blame it on years of rugby.
Today I noticed that I'm wearing only earth tones, and am sipping on peppermint tea. I fear I'm a cardigan away from a demography I haven't arrived at yet.

Met up with Madeline for coffee this afternoon (she had no work so was enjoying distracting me). We strolled to Starbucks and spent a little time chatting about our travel plans for next summer. I think this will be a point of discussion for quite some time but currently I'm pushing for Iceland, Sweden and Russia. Madeline sent me this in response:

"Russia is not a tourist friendly country, as reading this document will show. Limit your touring to Moscow and St. Petersburg. Although Russia is a country of glorious landscapes and unique culture, it does not provide a travel environment that makes tourism either easy or enjoyable."
I'm not sure she's convinced. This sounds more like a challenge than a warning to me.

No comments: