Thursday, August 30, 2007

In contrast...

...to my usual once-a-month epics, I'm here only to encourage the use of fountain pens. After reading an article about them I decided this semester wouldn't be complete without the revival of a classic. Little did I know that it would be a) so hard to find a fountain pen for less than $10, in a market place dominated by gel pens and such, and b) so rewarding, to the extent that the visual buffet that are my cursive notes have motivated me into blogging action.

It makes writing fun again; and I'm a person who enjoys a bit of handwriting, in contrast to the hideous impersonality of the humble keyboard, (mum I bet you're reminiscing about arguments with Mr. Williams about my joined up letter 'f', how times change : ).

While I'm here, big Dan Ireland had requested an update on Yahoo! projects which I can now dutifully provide:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teamranker
http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/ochome

And more to follow soon. In other news I think my metabolism has left me - I now plan a day around napping and resting:

No comments: