Sunday, November 19, 2006

New Wok!

I'll do a weekend blog on Monday sometime, but for now I'll report on the overwhelming success of my new wok (from Ikea on Saturday)/cookbook (from Melanie for my Birthday combo.
We went for the first recipe from the 'poultry' chapter which was Chicken and Black Bean something or other. We shopped for ingredients this morning and were pretty successful with the exception of the elusive and disconcertingly vaguely named "Chinese 5 Spice".
This is what went in it, (click the picture to see it bigger, with notes).
Wok Recipe Ingredients
And it looked a little like this:

Tasted amazing, although the beans needed a little longer, and the ginger wasn't as finely sliced as it probably should have been, resulting in a Russian Roulette type situation with similar looking slices of onion. So big success all round; thank you Mel!

2 comments:

Dave and Mandy's Travels said...

I'm sure it tasted nicer than it looked!! Glad you had a good birthday - did you get my present??
M
xxxx

Ben said...

Yes I got your present as you'd see if you looked here