Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Birthday weekend

Friday, we went to a bar to play pool, a local tried to get in a fight with me, I was beaten at pool, we came home and went to bed.
Saturday, we went to Treasure Island to take some photos:
Liverbird in San Francisco
Madeline had her hair cut, badly, and we went to Palo Alto. Grabbed some food as a warm up for the Stanford vs. Northwestern game, turned up to the game to discover it was on Friday night. Disappointment all round, miserable drive home via Ikea to lighten the mood. Met up with Emilie and Kelly in North beach, drinking, pool, fun. Attempt to go to Lesbian night at the Cat club, but too late and expensive.

Sunday, we didn't do very much. I played with photos, Madeline read, we shopped and then I cooked a stir fry. We've had better weekends...

Yesterday, (Tuesday) I went for a Korean BBQ with the guys for work which was lovely. It turned out to be a nice day so I spent a couple of hours at the beach unwinding, taking some photos and generally enjoying not doing anything productive. Madeline had a friend in town so went for drinks, and I worked on my programming assignment which is going well.

We fly out of Oakland tonight for a few days in Encinitas/Big Bear for thanksgiving. Back on Sunday to resume life in the fast lane!

2 comments:

John Dalziel (aclJohn) said...

Always read the time and ate on your tickets!! Your mum should have taught you that!! xx

Ben said...

We didn't have physical tickets to work with... I blame the electronic age!