Friday, October 20, 2006

Two wheels are better than Four!

Yesterday began just like most others Thursdays. I worked from 8-12, doing my little bit for the world of technical support, had lunch and revised for my weekly Biology exam. Madeline came home early for a dentist appointment she didn't have, we went for a run, and I went to class.

After class, I was invited to go to the club house of the San Francisco Motorcycle club down on 18th and Folsom. An English guy I do two of my courses with, Andy, is kind of into his bikes, as is his wife, and there were rumors of $2 beers.

We only stayed for a couple of beers, (it was a school night!) but at the end, Andy decided it was too dangerous a walk home for me, so he gave me a ride back on his hog!

It was only like 7 blocks, but wow! Don’t worry mum, we can’t afford so much as a bicycle :)

It’s lovely and sunny here at the moment, 27 degrees until next Tuesday according to the BBC. I think Madeline and I are going to run on the beach this evening, then out to a house party at Kelly’s house. Saturday is Madeline and Ria’s joint birthday party, which should be lovely with the weather like this.

So this morning was a little hurried as my commute was elongated by traffic on the 101. Fridays are always pretty quiet at work, but today, Scott has his almost 3 year old daughter in work with him. She was a little bit scared of me at first but we just played on my skateboard so I think we’re friends. She got in trouble because I gave her some of my breakfast muffin; I don’t think it was very fair, she said please and everything!

On the photo front, my camera is dead, and so pictures of the rocker will have to wait! Mandy, diving sounds awesome! You know when you found out that you’re “not heavy enough to compensate for the weight of my SCUBA tank in the water”? Did you just sink and end up lying on your back at the bottom of the quarry? We should Skype up to the max soon. We literally haven’t spoken since Christmas.

Sorry I haven’t been in touch with many of the Durham posse. I will improve, I promise. I hope you’re all doing well, Simon, how did the 3month review go? I was thinking of you on Wednesday. I hope you’re looking after Katie and Darius well. What’s Katie doing in the big smoke? Is she working? Jamie/Owen, I’ve got contacts here now, so be sure to pencil SF in on your world tour. I’ve been spreading the gospel of Milltown’s Grace all over the place. AJ/Helen, Madeline and I seriously can’t wait for you to get here. We’ve got so many things we want to do with you guys. Paddy, I hope PWC is going really well for you, I’m sure you’re making waves.
Tickle, Dan I hate you both for having fun in Durham still. It’s painful to see pictures from nights out and hear stories of B’ball/netball/rugby related success. I hope you’re making the most of the MCR and really enjoying 4th year. Ok, finally I have some work to do today and Ella, (Scotts daughter) has left, so I will bid you all farewell.

Love to all, Ben x

No comments: