Tuesday, September 26, 2006

First Day of Work/Pearly/Moving House

Today was the first day of my new life as an IT helpdesk person. It's IT support for the Creative Arts Department a.k.a. Creative Arts Technical Support a.k.a. CATS. They look after a whole load of high spec Dell PCs, G4 and G5 Apples along with networks, printers, media equipment etc.

I'm glad I took this job because I think I'm going to learn a lot about the real life side of computers, i.e. how to fix them when they inevitably break.

The guys I’m working with are pretty laid back, and the pay is really good considering it’s on campus. I’ve fallen on my feet again it would appear!

In other news, Pearly and friends are leaving tomorrow after a really nice few days. They’ve been wonderful guests and I hope they’ve enjoyed San Francisco. Last night we went for a really good Mexican with them, and tonight Madeline hosted a pizza and movies night in my absence. I’ve been too busy to do much with them since the 49ers game, but hopefully they’ve had a good time exploring the city. They’ve got a couple of days in LA before they fly back on Friday.

Madeline and I move into our new apartment on Saturday so we have the added excitement of furniture shopping and bed buying towards the end of the week. I’ve been on campus from 8am-10pm pretty much so I think I’d better get some beauty sleep.

Mum, we’ve got an idea for your stay in San Diego, but I’ll talk to you about it towards the end of the week. I’ll also get you my new address soon.

2 comments:

John Dalziel (aclJohn) said...

Glad you are working for CATS!! Have you let the other job know of your defection?? xx

Ben said...

Yeah, I emailed and they responded wishing me luck. Think it was the right decision :)