Friday, September 22, 2006

Earning some $$$

Yesterday was brilliant! David arrived Wednesday night, so Thursday morning we got up early for a stroll on the beach:

Madeline and David

Madeline took the car to work, dropping David off in the city, and me at school. I spent the morning learning about cellular respiration in the Library, and at about 2pm I got some Mediterranean food from the student center.

It's beautiful at the moment - apparently September/August is the best weather here - so I had lunch on the lawn, laying in the sun, listening to Madeline's iPod. Hours passed and I got a phone call about the job I applied for. It was the news we'd been hoping for, 20 hours a week, great experience and finally a financial buffer zone! I lay back, completely happy with the world and basked a little longer.

Just before class at 7pm, I got a coffee and climbed to the top of the student center, (pics later). Watched the sunset then learnt all about genetics. Madeline picked me up and I made an omelet. It doesn’t get much better than that!

Today I've had a lazy morning but am thinking of hitting the library for a little bit. Tonight we're going for a Mexican meal in the Mission district and then for a few celebratory beers.

I've heard nothing from Pearly; I hope he's still coming because I'm going to be lonely at the 49ers game otherwise...

No comments: