Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Weekend and Softball

Friday
Was meant to meet with Andy for a research meeting but postponed until Saturday afternoon. Home quite early - Madeline and Emilie just back from a run. First beer for a week (no alcohol for 4 days!) moving onto wine then out to North beach for pool and tequila.

Saturday
Woke up early feeling amazing considering Friday, and set about cleaning the apartment from top to bottom, taking particular pleasure scrubbing the bottom of the shower - a job which can only really be tackled when showering which adds an additional danger factor of steamy bleach inhalation.
PM, I met with Andy - good meeting, then to Kezar to meet up with Emilie and Madeline to watch the 90 minute special on Beckham sitting down, and then being average - nachos and buffalo wings.
I had wanted to watch a movie about Bob Dylan, but that was vetoed.

Sunday
Up nice and early again and off to Cole Valley for Madeline's half-marathon-reward pedicure. I sat in Cafe Reverie drinking nice green tea feeling pretentious, coding on my laptop. Off to the mall near campus for some much needed clothing for MJ, and a quick glance at a concert before thinking better of it.

Monday
First ever game of softball for work - I was predictably poor, although fancy my chances after a little more time in the batting cage. Game was cut short under the Mercy rule, but was a lot of fun. I'm hoping paint balling will be a greater success tomorrow. On a related subject, I was looking for a clip of PJ being shot in the face and blinded in Byker Grove, and stumbled across the terrible new opening credits.

Photos
Finally a shot from the half marathon:

"Full throttle to the wine bottle"
And Gay Pride:


All this talk of flooding in England, and the prospect of Christmas in a cabin in the woods is really making me miss England's charm. I look forward to having to wear waterproof clothing and thick socks:
The Lakes

No comments: