Friday, July 14, 2006

Office Snippets

I'm working in a rather nice open plan office over the summer doing web development. It's on the top floor of quite a tall building in Liverpool and it has wonderful views of Liverpool bay and beyond.

I'm enjoying work a great deal and it's great to experience professional web development first hand after so many years as a hobbyist. The highlight so far though, has be snippets of conversations I pick up on whilst beavering away in Dreamweaver. Here are my two favourites from the past 3 weeks:

  • I heard a little bit of a lengthy story, which can be summarised as follows: "A girl was watching a thunder storm from her bedroom window when she was struck and died". This was followed by the clarifying statement that "I'm not sure whether she was struck by thunder OR lightning, but it must have been pretty powerful to kill her...”!
  • "I’d advocate a giraffe if I had that much land"

Ricky Gervais isn't so smart. He didn't need to script the Office, he could have just filmed 6 days here for an entire series worth of material.

No comments: